Q. What is Pomodoro Technique?
A. The time management technique created by Francesco Cirillo for a more productive way to work and study. For more information, click here
Q. Can you tell me the story without having to visit the website?
A. Well, it comprises of the following basic steps:
- Decide on the task at hand
- Set the Pomodoro (timer) to 25 minutes
- Work on the task until the timer expires; Record with an X
- Take a Short Break (5 minutes)
- Every four "pomodoros", take a Long Break (10 minutes)
Q. What is TomatoTimer?
A. It's an easy to use, flexible Pomodoro Technique timer by Pratyk
. It was inspired by Tomatoi.st and it uses jQuery and HTML5 features like Desktop Notifications, Audio API and Local Storage instead of relying on Adobe Flash and other such technologies.
Q. Why use TomatoTimer?
A. Here's why:
- Access it from anywhere on the web from the device of your choice.
- Ability to Pause or Reset the timers in case of a distraction and still track project time.
- Custom Timer Intervals that can be set via Settings Menu.
- A buzzer to signal the end of a timer period.
- Desktop notifications. (only supported in Google Chrome at this moment)
- Keyboard shortcuts.
- Ability to choose from multiple Buzzer Notification Sounds. (Coming Soon.)
- A short history of your activity. (Coming soon.)
** Please enable cookies on your browser for the using the custom
Q. I've got some feedback. How do I get in touch with you?